I know I said that I didn’t have a Valentine…. but really, I have three: My friends. They have given me gifts, asked how my day is going & paid for dinner. That right there? That’s a Valentine in my book!
Out of the 10,203 outings we’ve shared I have my own personal favorites. This 5 THINGS series is dedicated to those exact moments. Let’s take a stroll down memory lane…
1. Las Vegas (August 2006) - We were 19-years-old and there for an event being held at the Thomas & Mac center, hosted by our church (yes, I met my lovely friends in our church youth group). Our parents allowed for us to not only drive up alone, but stay in our own hotel room close to the LV strip. We were free and did the only thing that 19-year-olds can do in Vegas… walk to strip, at 1am. We were cool like that! Until we ran into our youth group leader. Fail! Hey youth leader…. The 25yr-old version of the “Fab Four” would like to say that no, we were not looking for something on the floor. And yes, we were hiding from you
2. San Diego (April 2007)- It was a Thursday. We all took the afternoon off of work and drove to San Diego to watch the Dodgers play the Padres. (We do that, travel in the name of sportsmanship) Between driving around in a brand new SUV, sporting our big sunglasses & singing Ashley Simpson songs, this trip was worth only having 3 hours of sleep before work the next day.
3. Hollywood (December 2008)- Technically we were still in our home town… but it’s still one of my favorite nights. We headed to the Troubadour (local venue) to watch a band perform, stood right behind Brent Bolthouse in the valet line. Sidenote: If you ever watched The Hills on MTV, you know who that is. Oh and we almost ran over Adrien Grenier as he crossed the street in front of our car. You know, super Hollywood.
4. San Francisco (August 2010)- The weekend we “almost died!!” Twice. San Fran, you are a lovely place. Really you are, but what’s with all the One-Way streets?! Four girls driving down the wrong side of the road, screaming as on-coming traffic approaches is not cute! Fortunately we made it out in one piece Just a word of advice while booking hotels: do your research people! Our “cozy room, on a non-busy street” turned out to be a ghetto-fab room, with tiny beds, in the back of an alley… above a bar. For real.
5. New York City/ Philadelphia (September 2011)- Nine days of pure amazingness!! The city, the lights, the food, even the subway…. everything is magical on the east coast. Ok, ALMOST everything. A few things that weren’t so hot? A.) Deciding to take a tour of Central Park without asking the price. Turns out it was $90. PER PERSON. B.) Taking the wrong subway, ending up somewhere in Queens and having to take the bus through a rough side of town, at night. I nearly cried….. and yet I would do it all over again
Happy Valentine Tuesday!